Thermoplastic elastomers are a unique class of materials that combine the key processing and recycling properties of thermoplastics with many of the physical properties of thermoset rubbers such as elasticity, low compression set and high flexibility.
Ravago produces a wide range of different thermoplastic elastomer grades. TPE-S, TPE-V and TPE-O, under the brand names Enflex® and Ensoft®, are produced by Ravago’s factory Enplast Turkey and TPE-S, with the brand name Sconablend®, is produced at Ravago Plastics Germany.
In many aspects one can describe TPE as two phase materials consisting of a rubbery elastomeric component and thermoplastic rigid component. The elastomeric phase determines rubberlike properties such as elasticity, softness, flexibility, compression set and minimum service temperature. The rigid phase determines thermoplastic properties such as hardness, processability, recyclability and maximum service temperature.
TPE Enflex® offers
In general elastomeric compounds provide rubberlike properties such as softness, elasticity, flexibility and low end use temperatures. These materials can also be recycled/re-used like thermoplastics.
General characteristics of TPE’s:
- Retention of properties at elevated and low temperatures
- Wide range of hardness
- Fatigue resistance
- Chemical resistance
- Abrasion resistance
- Weathering and ozone resistance
- Ease of processing
Enflex® is a brand name for compounds based on uncured ethylene/propylene (EPDM or EPM) rubber and polypropylene (PP). These compounds have excellent toughness, moderate elasticity and good weathering resistance. The Enflex range can easily be self-coloured with the use of proper MB or provided as pre-coloured compounds.
Enflex® TPE-O offers:
- Hardness range from 60 Shore A to 65 Shore D
- Service Temperature: -40 to +120°C (depending on the grade)
- Low density from 0.9 to 1.1 g/cm3, depending on the formulation
- Very good surface appearance
- Ease of processing (no pre-drying is required) and recyclability
- Good UV and weathering resistance
- Fluid resistance
- Good adhesion to polyolefins
Enflex® is a brand name for dynamically vulcanised ethylene/propylene/diene (EPDM) and polypropylene (PP) blends. Fully cured EPDM particles that are homogenously distributed in the thermoplastic polypropylene phase give these compounds unique rubber-like properties, with the advantage of thermoplastic processing techniques. The Enflex® range can be self-coloured with the use of proper MB or provided as pre-coloured compounds.
Enflex® TPE-V offers:
- Hardness range from 45 Shore A to 60 Shore D
- Service Temperature: -50 to +125°C (dynamic) -50 to +135°C (Static/Peak)
- Excellent ozone, UV and weather resistance due to saturated elastomeric phase
- Chemical resistance to aggressive mediums
- Very low (rubberlike) compression set and good elasticity (that does not change significantly over time) in a wide temperature range
- Adhesion to a broad range of polar and non-polar substrates such as PP, PA, ABS, PC, PS…
- Broad product range including halogen free FR, improved oil resistance, improved temperature resistance and other specialty grades
- Recyclability and lower processing costs with respect to traditional cured rubbers
- Lower density
- Very good resistance to “fatigue” and tear strength
Loading, please wait